F W Finney
Like a pilgrim off a plane
I'll kiss the dirt.
I'll shed comfortable tears
and crocodile shoes.
I'll study my scars.
I'll rub my soles and heels with aloe balm
and coconut oil.
I'll teach myself how to live in sandals.
I'll loosen the straps and keep an eye out
for sharp objects.
I'll slog towards the sign of the
giant bare foot.
F W Finney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Mr Pillow's Press (Kent, England) .
Comments about this poem (Pedicure by F W Finney )
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus