L C Vieira
I dreamt of you again last night
a face to see, no face to know,
whatever face I give you then
from glimpses of your words
to me -
That's all I know.
You are a phantom mystery;
your stories tell me more beneath
than you will share; and more to tempt
me in your snare -
of secret possibilities.
Impossible you are to me.
Still I do dream of you each night,
and long to see the flesh you are,
and touch what I can never know,
for you must leave by morning light.
You are my dear phantom force
who tempts me from my nightly course,
to dwell in fantasies untrue
and leave me daily hungry too.
Come phantom then and show your face,
and let me fill you with my space,
a desert's flesh awaiting for
a phantom mystery no more.
(2003, revised 2012)
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Phantom by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good Morning, Cathy Hodgson
- Foolish People Sayings, Terence G. Craddock
- Today's Journey, Cathy Hodgson
- Death Wishes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi