Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
Playing God in Wyoming...
Th' body had been hanging for some days, i'd say, at least,
fr'm an oak branch thick n' sharded at its furthest stretch;
and th' mundungus scent of Death...could be ne'er denied,
in air, within a hundred yards of this Souls discolor'd flesh.
The temperature in August, o'er Wyoming's grazing field's
are paled in swelter to th' humid drip, attracting large flies;
stands to reason why none would approach such repulsion;
tho' it also lent much thought as to....th' mindset of a Town.
Murder, cried a whore, still collecting from th' night before.
Suicide! 'Tis a long time coming, a lonely bitter man he was,
said another bitter man....who saw th' dead man in himself,
and...th' people took turns playing God in Osage, Wyoming.
___________________ F j R _________________
__________________ 2 0 1 2 _________________
© 2012-All rights reserved
Frank James Ryan Jr. /
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
the below work is an excerpt from my
2011 short story Horror-Fiction titled,
'Concerning The Witchwoods of Wyoming'
Comments about this poem (Playing God in Wyoming... by Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR )
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
- Agree for help, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)