Allow me my mind not to go on a long sleep
Give more time of life and not in the deep.
I ask for an active mind filled with thoughts
I truly did love; believe it or not.
I will alsays remember each and every gift received
Not one day or moment did life deceive.
You have always been gentle rather than fraught
The flowers and brds are free and for them; I thank you a lot.
My time has been active and I tried to do my chore
Be bountiful of my earthly time and give me more.
A door for the past and present plus one more
I need to see my future and that is for sure.
Tho I ask for much I ask of thee
All that remains on earth to belong to my humanity.
chuck Hurley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please by chuck Hurley )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere
- A House I call my Home, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Do No Know, Tony Adah
- Layer upon Layer Snow Everywhere!, Ramesh T A