"History of Scanderbeg" excerpt from Canto V
Krujë oh blessed citadel
await, await for Scanderbeg!
Returning as a hued dove
to liberate our motherland.
To unshackle Albanians
from wicked Turkish yoke
and restore your honor
oh crown of Albania.
Albanian braves follow him
fearless in the danger's eye!
In his heart fire burns
he is wise, gallant and manful.
Welcome oh summer
that bring us prosperity
for many years more
may you adorn Albania.
You fair maiden of Albania
pensive in your lingering
undress mourning clothes
the blessed day is here!
Field whiten, mount lighten,
from valiant arms!
In eagerness neigh the steed
that king of Albania brings!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ("History of Scanderbeg" excerpt from Canto V by Naim Frashëri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries
- Ah Fountains Of Thoughts, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- The Hunting Of Dark Angel, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Cracks, petra pen
- FAITH, GREED & INTEGRITY, Tom Zart
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Security Is A Pain, John deVries
- Simply Spoken Melting Crystals, Heather Burns
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee