Real Easy To Grow
We carefully tuck them all into their beds,
Than pinch poke and coax them,
Remove their spent heads.
We cross them then toss them,
Or force them to grow.
We lovingly boss them and drench with cold flow!
We mass them and class them,
And make them eat dirt,
And seldom do ask them, 'Does anything hurt? ',
With relish we shear them,
In sun's morning shaft, no questions or qualms,
Make them partners in graft!
We scrutinize field guides to learn what it takes,
Dig up and divide then or tie to the stakes.
We worry and ponder just what should we do,
When red rose goes under, replace it with new,
Or give up on the roses,
Cause none of them grew.
We sniff them and hold them
When their bloom is complete,
And merrily show them, put rocks on their feet!
We train and contain them and cleverly name them,
(As clever names go) ,
All 'guaranteed hardy' and ' real easy to grow'.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Real Easy To Grow by Connie Yost )
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns