Red Canvass Of Life
When I was 21
Were bred, then bled out over time.
Time drips by the second from the icicles
Of my sorrow
The winds of Africa
Bring rain and destruction
To my gulf sound
Blue... covers the canvass
with dark reds, and space to fill,
The brushes are stiff
From improper cleaning.
58 days til' next year...1972.
California is calling.
But I don't want to go.
The grass is bluer at home.
The grass has red canvass strokes
From such useless sacrifice
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
PFC William Le Grande Dawes (June 24,1950 - October 19,1969)
I have received feedback on the word canvass which is my fault.
I use canvass which means to survey your surrounding as an image of my looking back on a life cut so short.
And the use of canvas as of a physical painting does not occur.
thaks for understanding
Comments about this poem (Red Canvass Of Life by Midnights Voice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah
- I care less, hasmukh amathalal
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak