Oh restore me and fix me as you,
Mold me gently and breathe in me a new spirit.
I am like a lost bird that has built a nest in a forbidden tree.
Oh how I need you to own me in your courtesy and make me a new creature.
I have been swept into misery and know not my way home.
Oh how I have dipped myself in wealth as I plastered myself with money and material I thought mattered more than anything.
Oh please tone me thoroughly and make me yours.
Let me belong in your species as I have found my identity in you.
Let me dine as I am served in your divine wisdom oh Father…
I lost my way long ago, but I now need to be next to you.
Restore me and make me yours, for from beginning of time,
I have always been yours.
Zandi Wardle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Restore Me by Zandi Wardle )
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Clown in the Moon, Dylan Thomas
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)