Lost myself inside my head
Searching for a place somewhere I can call a bed
Think I've been here once before
But I lost myself then I'm sure
Picking up pebbles by a stream
All of them dreams of what I could have been
Packing them in cases to send to the moon
Now I've only nightmares preaching impending doom
Touring a forest of cardboard trees
Each one taunting me of past iniquities
Messages scrawled to tell me how to live
Oh God! How can I tell myself 'forgive'?
Wish I could find just where I am
One day I'll escape from here to another land
But first I've got to unearth this hidden sign
So that one day I can take over someone else's mind.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Searching by Michael Wride )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky