Pearl Weena Marie E. Sabido, M.D.
That ardent look of desire undisguised
There is that look that a man can have in his eyes,
that ardent look of desire undisguised.
It is that look that would, if it could,
engulf your very being.
It is that look that says he is yours, all yours,
if only for that time being.
Now how must a woman requite that look in a man’s eyes,
that ardent look of desire undisguised?
I say that she would, if she could,
lay claim to his very being.
I say that she take what’s hers, all hers,
as it can last only for that time being.
Pearl Weena Marie E. Sabido, M.D.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That ardent look of desire undisguised by Pearl Weena Marie E. Sabido, M.D. )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland