That's a Snappy Outfit, Your Highness
I tried. I did, but past some point,
And not one far from where I started,
I gave up, and went back to the
Stories in the business news.
These living poets aren't for me.
I weary of their boring sameness,
Born in workshops, I suppose:
The caked minutiae, Mama's kitchen,
Daddy getting dressed for work,
And dripping faucets, livestock,
Weeds, and no conclusions ever
Drawn. And, worse, no real
Respect for words, for how they
Sing when lined up right.
The workshop circles say,
"Describe, " and those within
Them always do, but no one
Asks, "Hey; where's the music? "
Thus, while I read works by
"Poets, " I could not find poetry,
Although I truly tried.
Lawrence Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That's a Snappy Outfit, Your Highness by Lawrence Beck )
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)