The Best Revenge
You betray me...
Look down on or manipulate me
Try to break me
Takes more than the calumny to shake me
The antagonism made me...
Talk is marked down
None of that can phase me!
Poppa's not around...
But I wasn't angry
The talk around the town
None of that will change me
Never flash a frown
God is with me daily!
Drifting from the crowd...
I don't care about what evil thinks of me
I will never progress focused on an enemy
Still I'll give you support
No matter what
You will achieve I believe
See I'm not perfect though...
The wicked world will take a good heart and turn it cold
And even though I put others up before myself
You can't help a person who don't want to help themselves
And people hide their faults and pretend they're the best
I was always taught the best revenge is success
And if they talk and talk then God has sent you your test
So never let the devil's tatics get you depressed
Keep your head high
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Best Revenge by Dexsta Ray )
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
- Oh, The Cautious Heart, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Torrential Downpour, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- bo-tox, lee fones
- Music The Heart's Harp Sings, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Opposite Worlds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Demain, Randy Resh
- A disease......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Your Loving Words, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)