Recollection the prophet seeks,
To spill his mind and,
Live his speech.
Upon his walls the writing glows,
A life to save,
Oh this he knows.
In his mind he knows what's right,
To live in vain,
And forget to fight.
Selfless beyond what is known,
He dies himself,
And leaves the throne.
Memories flying without a mind
And now he's dead,
To march the line.
Recollection the prophet seeked,
But instead he died,
With words to teach.
Daniel Yetman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Philospher by Daniel Yetman )
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)