I do not fear the reaper,
I fear meeting him too soon.
I met a demon once,
down in the cellar of my heart.
But then a boy sent from hell
called the ambulance for me,
and gave me another start.
I hope I can repay that smoker boy.
And pay it forward to many more.
I love you, and I’d save you,
saving you could save more than ten,
even if you have only saved me.
Injected with truth serum or not,
you’d hear the same thing now or then.
I love life, time and time again.
Mike Dolch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Reaper by Mike Dolch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- three legged race, lee fones
- THE PRETTY SHORES IN YOUR EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Sounds Of Sorrow, Midnights Voice
- Breathless, Chelsy Schuman
- daily sports pun, lee fones
- humpback whales doing stuff in the ocean, Mandolyn Wind
- Your Difficult Test, Mark Kosek
- New Orleans Cries, Monica Lanier
- The Heat of the Sun, Jacqueline Nash
- the desert knows whats up, Mandolyn Wind