The time has come to take this step.
I know it's real I will not fret.
I know your love is mine to get.
I'll prepare myself to get you back.
So you'll see I'm no slack.
In all the things you really want.
You need and cherish.
I'll never let these parrish.
Through leaps and bounds our love is found.
With each step we take we feel the pound.
Our hearts are beating with the sound.
Of the words of love with blessed token.
The bond we share cannot be broken.
Let's take this step in harmony.
Finding what we both can be.
All the things that set us free.
Let's take the first step, it's what we need.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Step by Michael McParland )
Did you read them?
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I can't sleep at night., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Matter Has No Matter, Curtlan Popo
- The snow is pretty., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The bells do ring., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Apple Pie., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The horror show., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Spring, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Love for gramma, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)