The time has come to take this step.
I know it's real I will not fret.
I know your love is mine to get.
I'll prepare myself to get you back.
So you'll see I'm no slack.
In all the things you really want.
You need and cherish.
I'll never let these parrish.
Through leaps and bounds our love is found.
With each step we take we feel the pound.
Our hearts are beating with the sound.
Of the words of love with blessed token.
The bond we share cannot be broken.
Let's take this step in harmony.
Finding what we both can be.
All the things that set us free.
Let's take the first step, it's what we need.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Step by Michael McParland )
Did you read them?
- Invention of The Store, douglas scotney
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)