The time has come to take this step.
I know it's real I will not fret.
I know your love is mine to get.
I'll prepare myself to get you back.
So you'll see I'm no slack.
In all the things you really want.
You need and cherish.
I'll never let these parrish.
Through leaps and bounds our love is found.
With each step we take we feel the pound.
Our hearts are beating with the sound.
Of the words of love with blessed token.
The bond we share cannot be broken.
Let's take this step in harmony.
Finding what we both can be.
All the things that set us free.
Let's take the first step, it's what we need.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Step by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote