'Till The End Of Time
I can see…
Thousands of men fighting for their lives,
Shadows from the atrocious mortar,
Warm blood pouring out of my flesh,
And a crimson night of despair.
I can hear…
Shouts of men in deep agony,
Ear splitting screams from furious guns,
Dripping sweat on the soaked ground,
And crash of thunder that slaughters man’s hopes.
I can smell…
Dead corpses piled behind my back,
Foul gas that aids our deceitful friends,
Horrible smell of blood that streams out of the carcasses,
And the polluted aroma from the haze of war.
I can taste…
Deep sorrow engulfing me,
Malicious gas poisoning me,
Unpleasant taste of blood, drowning me,
And frozen water that freezes me.
I can feel…
The wet ground that washes my weary feet,
Pain from the bullet that struck my vulnerable heart,
Vibration of my gun that paralyzes my hand,
And the shower of death from the starless dead sky.
I can sense…
The bloody battle going to an end,
All men had faced their… destiny
Dark shadows lurking behind the corpses
My deceitful friends going to… hell.
Trying to keep up, I summoned all my strength,
But none had come, and have forsaken me.
The last thunder roar and I fell on my knees,
Breathing slowly, I knew my time has come,
To depart this world, with my hopes and dreams,
But more than ever,
with my own people…
… ‘till the end of time….
Fritzner Erauda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Till The End Of Time by Fritzner Erauda )
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)