Maybe you haven’t been warned
Maybe you took me for granted
Oh yes you underestimated me,
But I say…try me! ! !
Throw all your sharp swords at me and I will not move
Try and drown me into the deepest part of the sea but I will prevail
Burry my flesh alive but my spirit will live…
Maybe they haven’t told you… but I Am!
I Am the daughter of the most High
Whose Father made a sacrifice so I may live eternally
When you try to torcher me, My Father will rise!
Scatter you and leave you wishing you never tried,
He’ll pick me up like an eagle and shield me with His wings,
I Am the one with a Father who’s Omnipresent
His moves, so unpredictable and His thoughts above all you can imagine.
So go ahead try me! ! !
Try and oppress me but remember…
I am the apple of His eye,
What you try to do to me you do to Him, and hey…you will suffer
For I Am one with Him as I am created in His own image…
He formed me and took His time like one who makes sculptures,
He puffed His own spirit as he breath in me so I may have life!
He made me for his glory and divine purpose,
He’ll not let you get away with provoking His works so... you will never win…
I could go on and on to get you out of my way…but enough said,
Just…try me! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Try Me by Zandi Wardle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery
- varicose veins, lee fones
- Manliness Of Man, Naveed Akram
- The Long Goodbye (revised), Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram