Two Trillion Years Hence
Dark Energy blooms in Dark Matter webs
and gently tears its sheets and ropes asunder.
Stars cling like tracers of luminous dust
to Gravity guarded knots and broken threads.
New stars still ignite two trillion years hence.
Perhaps life will thrive in some supercluster
that coalesced before last links were cut.
If so, their galaxy will be immense
yet finite. It will be their whole universe.
No other lights. Not even gamma rays
could race those expanding voids. Any search
for galaxies beyond their own would fail.
The universe will never reveal its birth
to them. They can only speculate.
Told you so, grins
Space on speed redshifts stars.
Astronomers - seers?
Yet it’s true, Dark
Diane Hine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Syllable sequence is 1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2,1
Lines 1,2,10 and 11 are repeated in line 6
(Return Hexatina Refrain?)
Comments about this poem (Two Trillion Years Hence by Diane Hine )
Did you read them?
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns