My heart is heavy today for all the soldiers who have passed away.
family members still cry out to you, for all that you did and all that you still do.
you still do it because you give us the' strength and will' to continue your fight
even if it's just putting your stories into black and white.
the red, white, and blue is not just the colors of our flag
it is part of our being - the red is the blood that we share, the white is our souls pure and white (and that's the reason we don't give up the fight) the blue is for all blue blooded Americans who have stood up when our nation called
and that is why we are the greatest nation of all.
the blood of Americans lie on many a land, and to our flag we salute and stand.
ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS AND YOU 'LL BE THERE TILL THE ENDS OF TIME
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (WeThe Soldiers by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- No More Hope, Michael McParland
- Freedom Fighters, George Egba
- A Piece Of The Storm, Mark Strand
- So You Say, Mark Strand
- The New Poetry Handbook, Mark Strand
- SOME WORDS ARE NOT DELICATE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Love You Because...!, Asma Riaz Khan
- My Struggle, Michael McParland
- An Exausted Soul, Michael McParland
- Here I Lie; A Grain In My Ignorance., Agboyi Felix