Words That Hurt
Words can be a knife,
Stabbing at the soul,
Spreading through its victims like cancer.
Giving birth to hate so strong and pure.
A hate that can’t be cured with a simple sorry,
Hate that is with us till death.
Words can be so powerful,
Love is ended.
Friends become enemies,
Watch my tears run down my face,
The pain has been dealt,
Now you are dead to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words That Hurt by Joseph Tanner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery