Words That Hurt
Words can be a knife,
Stabbing at the soul,
Spreading through its victims like cancer.
Giving birth to hate so strong and pure.
A hate that can’t be cured with a simple sorry,
Hate that is with us till death.
Words can be so powerful,
Love is ended.
Friends become enemies,
Watch my tears run down my face,
The pain has been dealt,
Now you are dead to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words That Hurt by Joseph Tanner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- François de la Rochefoucauld, tal vez, Richard Thripp
- Defining poetry, Saurav Karki
- I just had a Birthday, Jena Crowe
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp
- Damned if I do damned if you don't, Mark Heathcote
- Black Gloves, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Even though late, hasmukh amathalal
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier