Words That Hurt
Words can be a knife,
Stabbing at the soul,
Spreading through its victims like cancer.
Giving birth to hate so strong and pure.
A hate that can’t be cured with a simple sorry,
Hate that is with us till death.
Words can be so powerful,
Love is ended.
Friends become enemies,
Watch my tears run down my face,
The pain has been dealt,
Now you are dead to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words That Hurt by Joseph Tanner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty