Edward Wright Haile
zz 118 Open marriage
Open marriage, how soon it comes apart,
regardless of what anybody says.
They claim free lovers can preserve one heart.
But who could counterfeit love’s offices
with fakes when true in such abundance spreads?
They say these forms refresh a tenderness.
I doubt that that decision took two heads.
No, one of them will stay monogamous.
They miss the best of marriage: conversation
frank, flowing full of what importantly
befalls each day, endearing in relation,
but which in open house immodestly
descends to sound, as who cares to hear of
his tenderness’s latest push and shove?
Edward Wright Haile's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (zz 118 Open marriage by Edward Wright Haile )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Achievements, Jaipal Singh
- The Sea Mist, Tadej Blažic
- Hopeless Dreams, Omar Eldamsheety
- Garden, Benedicta Ruiz
- PAINS AND SUFFERINGS آلام و اوجاع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What is the love?, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Fair praises, hasmukh amathalal
- On MY Way To The Mailbox, Kyle Schlicher
- Belinda, Juan Olivarez
- My Life Will Go On, Kyle Schlicher