A.J. McKinley Poems
- Dreaming Of The Sea I am dreaming of the sea. Of oceans of ...
- Rainbow Tears Through rainbow tears I see love's true ...
- A Dozen Roses The wilted roses sat regally in the ...
- Dark Moon Rising The dark moon is rising No silver left to ...
- Quiet Whispers Quiet whispers of broken truths Memory lost ...
- A Dreadful Day Have you ever walked on a sea of sand? And ...
- Lady's Reply To The Rose And L... If I were a rose and you ...
I find poetry to be a complete reflection of self and should be experienced through a totally biased point of view. It can be said that I am selfish in my poetry, in the sense that I write strictly for myself. It is my therapy, my best friend, and sometimes my enemy, but always...it is me. I am influenced by such writers as Faulkner, Spenser, Cummings, Neruda, Frost, and Whitman. I hope to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Dreaming Of The Sea
I am dreaming of the sea.
Of oceans of love to bind you with me.
Silent rocking of your tongue with mine.
Here in your arms, there is no time.
A merging of spirits - Two become one.
Here on this ocean, beneath the rising sun.
Waves of passion jolting me alive.
Surprised by this capture - You are mine.
Warm breath is rising like the mist.
Lips parting in anticipation of your sweet kiss.
Hands in my hair pulling me to you.
Oh, the warmth I am feeling, if you only knew.
A finger trailed from cheek to cheek.
Your wild desire is making me so weak.
And once ...