Abdalla Juma Shenga
Abdalla Juma Shenga Poems
- Down Here I envy those who live high up the montain Because ...
- I Still Love You Eagles won’t fly; The sky won’t cry With...
- Giving Giving Is receiving the blessings of God. Vitals ...
- Bring Back Brotherhood When the sun dives Make haste, ...
- Teaching After a tiresome time at school With a long stride ...
- Predators A lion will rejoice In the birth of an antelope ...
- A Strange Place To Be Dinosaurs are extinct Faces are ...
Abdalla Juma is a 4th year student at Pwani University, Kilifi. He is currently doing his B.ed Arts, English/Literature. Born in the coastal city of Mombasa, he was always a passionate student of literature, especialy poetry. Some of his favourite poets are: Allan Edgar Poe, Robbert Frost and T.S. Eliot. It is only recently that he was able to put down some few words on the paper and post some of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Strange Place To Be
Dinosaurs are extinct
Faces are distinct
The world is a strange place to be
Bloody roses are lovely
Pure whites are sadness
Peace parked torpedoes
Spinning fast like tornados
Eyes plastered on flat screens
Cheerful violence, intriguing men
Horror relaxes us, obscenity attracts us
Like bees around a multi-colored flower
With multi-flavoured nectar
Knowledge is plenty
Wise men are scarce
A gift is bank loan
To the poor man is slavery