Abdalla Juma Shenga
Abdalla Juma Shenga Poems
- Teaching After a tiresome time at school With a long stride ...
- Exam Room Dancing thoughts Shouting silently, ...
- A Strange Place To Be Dinosaurs are extinct Faces are ...
- Who Am I? I am desert where nothing grows Those that i keep ...
- The Architect You are the architect of sadness Blindness and...
- Giving Giving Is receiving the blessings of God. Vitals ...
- Bring Back Brotherhood When the sun dives Make haste, ...
Abdalla Juma is a 4th year student at Pwani University, Kilifi. He is currently doing his B.ed Arts, English/Literature. Born in the coastal city of Mombasa, he was always a passionate student of literature, especialy poetry. Some of his favourite poets are: Allan Edgar Poe, Robbert Frost and T.S. Eliot. It is only recently that he was able to put down some few words on the paper and post some of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
After a tiresome time at school
With a long stride I walk home
I walk thinking, what went missing
Along the dusty roads I keep thinking
Who among many did I leave a fool?
My thoughts get congested like a traffic jam
Are my students getting what I’m teaching?
Slowly I continue walking
Did I use the right tool?
Was I unfair to some?
Who kept watching,
Knowledge is vast, it’s no small pool
For the diligent it’s light, lighter than foam
For others it’s tough, they keep struggling
Slowly I keep walking
I try ...