aditi ray Poems
- That Naughty Word that naughty word prancing in my ...
- Outburst Things do not come to me as they come to you as ...
- Autumn The leaves outside now tell a different story Of the ...
- Lice If you would let me I would macarena on your ...
- How Is My Plant On Your Desk how is my plant on your desk do...
- Death And The City This is the story of one in many Who come...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
That Naughty Word
that naughty word
prancing in my mind
doing the bamboo dance
lifting its legs in the nick of time
as I close the poles to snare it.
now it is a mosquito
buzzing in my ear
driving me to madness
belly-red with juice
it flies away
well fed and unconcerned
leaving me in the itch.
a flash, a spark, the shock of a current
seen briefly, felt keenly
before the teeth clamps down on it
it is an after taste on my tongue.