Andrew Whittaker Poems
- Arid Lands Take up the mantle, face up to yourself It’s time...
- Cradle To Grave Did you not ever try to break for ...
- When Darkness Descends When darkness descends like a cloak in...
- Ghosts Sometimes it’s just best left buried. Sometimes ...
- Headnumb You gave me life, I gave you death. God gives us ...
- Home It's a long way home, fifty years or more. Or just ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Andrew Whittaker
You gave me life, I gave you death.
God gives us time, He gives you eternity.
Now your time is ended,
our time is not even a twinkle in the eye of eternity.
Nor is it a twinkle that is the lifetime of a star.
You are eternal and everlasting, like my belief.
Yet I grieve so, that I will see you again.
In death your beauty is astounding.
That I did not see it in this short time together,
in all its glory, is why I grieve.
Yet if I may see you before the next life for just one moment,
that I will be blinded for eternity.
Or that eternity may be taken ...