Anne Jones Poems
- Standing On A Battlefield Standing alone on the ...
- This Is A Happy Place The Sun hits the water making it ...
- The Road I Travel The road I travel is windy and ...
- Tears Of Lonliness The tears fill my eyes as I look to ...
- Teardrops Of Rain The rain outside is falling steadily but ...
- I Feel Alone I feel alone lost in my despair Nobody to ...
- Cutting To Release Alone in my room Feeling every emotion ...
Hello my name is Anne and I am new to this site. I am looking to recieve some feedback on the poems that I write. I have always had a love of writting and never wanted to share because I was afraid that they wouldn't be good enough to be read. I am trying to get over this and would appreciate everybodies feedback. So if you leave me a post thank you in advance. This is very exciting for me. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Standing On A Battlefield
Standing alone on the battlefield
Waiting for the fight
Afraid of what is to come
Not knowing how to fight this battle so that I can win
Feeling beaten down
The scars are real and my wounds are open and bleeding
Learning to use the weapons I have been given to fight
Why don't they work?
I run trying to get away
Hiding so I don't continue to get hurt
This battle is scarey
Why does it seem so easy to just lie down and let it end
Feeling like there is no way to win
I try and try
Only to be pushed back
My heart feels like it has been ...