António Franco Alexandre
António Franco Alexandre Poems
- DWELLING PLACES III (18) to burn it all is a much ...
- TERCEIRAS MORADAS (18) incendiar, sim, é um processo mais ...
- DWELLING PLACES III (9) And I could give you a cellophane ...
- TERCEIRAS MORADAS (9) E poderia dar-te um chão de celofane, ...
- SYRINX, A PASTORAL FICTION (XV... Sorry, I didn't realize ...
- SYRINX, FICÇÃO PASTORAL (XVII) Perdoa, não sabia que ...
- DWELLING PLACES III (11) when they wake up, they'll ask by ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about António Franco Alexandre
DWELLING PLACES III (18)
to burn it all is a much simpler
process. I cover my head with ashes
(not stars) as if in warning.
Here we are at the end
of the world! It's a sizeable wall, a monument
to ancient wisdom,
and it runs inside us! Meanwhile we pour
ourselves out in all directions, and I know I'm forgetting
the essential thing, that vial of perfume
at day's end (or was it at night?) when
hands still made us close,
fire was an easy word,
and in us light alone lived.