Black Consciousness Poetry BCP
Black Consciousness Poetry BCP Poems
- Your Smile Your Smile is a force that sway my sight. My ...
- Oceans Of Whiteness Whiteness is the strongest tides I'm ...
- Great People
- Black Man Black man continue to fight Black man continue to...
- Kilombo From the mouth of the Ghetto Priest, the Ghetto ...
- S/Words Before the young man left for the forlorn grazing...
- We Becoming Today, a Boy became a Girl so as a Girl became ...
'' Black Consciousness Poetry is a movement that was started by four young men who established themselves as
arts. Through the art of poetry they came to a realization that they need to raise awareness on the injustices that continue to plague their people.''
Black Consciousness Poetry stands for:
a.Awareness: Being an African who acknowledges that the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Quote: ' We are quick to name, forgetting that sometimes words can imprison.'BLACK CONSCIOUSNESS POETRY
Quote: ' Privilege soon begets ignorance.'
Quote: 'Some souls are the beacon, million beams ...
Oceans Of Whiteness
Whiteness is the strongest
tides I'm swimming against,
so I peddling with all my mighty
only to drown, swallowing salty
sea waters, so I began speaking
through my nose, my native
tongue bent and twisted, I learnt to
mispronounce my name, my
clan name, myself.
You know when your soul dies
something empty is
born. Born-free I could be
anything I want, they taught
us, so I became the captain of my
relation Ships, sailing the white
oceans of 'you not like them' and
'You sure speak well'.
I had to be color blind to see