Black Consciousness Poetry BCP
Black Consciousness Poetry BCP Poems
- Inkonjane, Inyoni Yezulu. Ngizishaya isifuba Ngiyaziqhaja ...
- Oceans Of Whiteness Whiteness is the strongest tides I'm ...
- Your Smile Your Smile is a force that sway my sight. My ...
- Kilombo From the mouth of the Ghetto Priest, the Ghetto ...
- She Stands She stands with her at the junction, with her ...
- S/Words Before the young man left for the forlorn grazing...
- We Becoming Today, a Boy became a Girl so as a Girl became ...
'' Black Consciousness Poetry is a movement that was started by four young men who established themselves as
arts. Through the art of poetry they came to a realization that they need to raise awareness on the injustices that continue to plague their people.''
Black Consciousness Poetry stands for:
a.Awareness: Being an African who acknowledges that the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Quote: ' We are quick to name, forgetting that sometimes words can imprison.'BLACK CONSCIOUSNESS POETRY
Quote: ' Privilege soon begets ignorance.'
Quote: 'Some souls are the beacon, million beams ...
Comments about Black Consciousness Poetry BCP
Inkonjane, Inyoni Yezulu.
Ngithe njo, ngizibuka emthonjeni.
Ngisho ngimamatheka, ngimoyizela,
Ngiyaziqhaja ngebala lami.
Ngimnyama kuhle komhlaba
Ngimuhle njengendalo kaMdali, hhayi
Phela mina ubuhle bami obendalo.
Kuzo zonke izizwe ziphelele
Ngizihambela ngedwa nje.
Ngiyindoni yamanzi, ngikhanye
ngigcwele okwejuba, nginguketshezi
okukancede.Hhhayi ngimuhle kodwa.