Bruce Larkin Poems
- Dealing With Problems They say an upset ostrich Will stick ...
- A Sad Love Story
- The Night Before School Starts ‘Twas the night before school ...
- I Dream Of In-N-Out I really love In-N-Out burgers. I'm ...
- A Cannibal's Comment 'I don't mean to be rude', Said the ...
- My Circus Life They say that in life, You have to pay your ...
- Read Across America He wrote the 'Cat in the Hat' And so ...
Bruce Currently makes his living as a juggler, physicist, and professional mutterer. When Bruce Larkin was 11 years old, he was struck by lighting while riding his unicycle. Even though that lightning bolt stimulated the part of Bruce's brain which writes funny poetry, it also threw him off of a cliff into the wagon of a passing Gypsy caravan. Bruce has never seen his family since that day. He is hoping to use his poetry to be reunited with his 23 brothers and sisters. Each of his poems contains a sophisticated code which will hopefully allow Bruce to rejoin his 23 siblings. If you recognize any of the code in these poems, please sit on a bench in Central Park next Tuesday morning at 10am. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Dealing With Problems
They say an upset ostrich
Will stick its head in the ground.
That's no way to fix a problem.
It's not how solutions are found.
When something's not going right
And you wonder if life is fair,
Sticking your head in the ground
Will just get dirt in your hair.