Cathy Shao Poems
- A Child's Response To A Mother...
- A Girl Named Bray I know a girl whose name is Bray She ...
- On Being Called A Considerate ...
- About Life Some say Life is a game where you play all kinds ...
- A Goldfish A goldfish pounded the container She beckoned me ...
- When The Old Leaves Were Droop... I turned my eyes away Were...
- Stone Story I looked at you A deep blue sea Playfully
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Cathy Shao
A Child's Response To A Mother's Scolding
Harsh words can make a child cry
Have you ever heard them in a lullaby?
Wiping tears from my face
As a way of condolence?
You have no rights to make people cry!
It's the thing I want to clarify!
If you know my pain
Next time you'll keep your anger in rein
The parent's response
Scolding is not to invite you to cry
Life is not a lullaby
Take my advice
Things are not always nice
Don't blame others for your tears
Instead be thankful with prayers
I'm sorry I lost temper
Next time I'll try humor