Clive Blake Poems
- My Prayer Dear Lord, Don't let me ask only for myself, ...
- Let Me Sail Away Forever Let me sail away forever, Let me ...
- Wedding Vows May we forever be lovers, May we forever be ...
- The Age Of Innocence The age of innocence, A daughter we ...
- Charlotte Dymond (Dymond -A Gi...
- In The Quiet Of The Night In the quiet of the night, Where ...
United Press' Biography re
'Ten of the Best Poets of 2013'
Clive is often referred to as ‘Cornish Poet Clive Blake’, which reflects the fact that he is intensely proud of both his Cornish and Celtic ancestry. An internet search of ‘Cornish Poet’, setting the search options to ‘Images’, will find many examples of his work, especially ‘phoetry’. Clive invented the term ‘phoetry’, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''My poetic aspirationIn my book 'View Points And Points Of View' as a PS to the poem 'I'll Carri-On Regardless'.
Is to become:
A Jack of all styles
And a master of pun.''
''Although it is true that some have been captured, we would like to assure you that no thoughts, or images, have been harmed during the making of this book.''On the inside flap of the dust cover of the book 'View Points And Points Of View'.
Comments about Clive Blake
Don't let me ask only for myself,
For problems solved and better health,
Nor ask only for kin and friends,
With minor ills and moral trends,
But make me think in global terms,
Where drought kills and injustice burns,
Please tend to their greater needs first,
Help heal their wounds and quench their thirst,
My patient faith can wait till then,
My prayer sent -