Dan McGonagle Poems
- The Full Armour Of God When faced with the powers of ...
- The Blitz Tenement buildings falling to bits Victims of ...
- Be The Best You Can Be Don't listen to those who say you ...
- Love Rises Love rises like a phoenix from the ashes of ...
- Why? Why is it that the majority of people who read my writes...
- The Sun Is Shining Bright Toda... The sun is shining bright ...
- From Boy To Man I watched you sleeping just last night The ...
57 year old man from Scotland, father of 5 and grandad to Chloe Emma.
I have lived a varied and interesting life to date... followed a number of various career paths over the last few decades.
Now retired due to injury.
Started writing at the age of 50 after going through a personal crisis... discovered I had an aptitude for writing in rhyme.
If you find something of value to you as you read my writes... then I will be gratified that I have been of some small service. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Full Armour Of God
When faced with the powers of Darkness
When evil consumes the weak
Its time to prepare for battle
But there are weapons you must first seek
If your heart is true and noble
Say a prayer bow your head and nod
If your soul is pure and holy
You'll receive the Full Armour of God
Put on the Shoes of Preparation
Make ready the Gospel of Peace
Gird yourself with the Belt of Truth
All lies and untruths will then cease
Next comes the breastplate of Righteousness
With this you can face any wrong
Now add the Shield of Faith to this