Dan McGonagle Poems
- The Blitz Tenement buildings falling to bits Victims of ...
- The Full Armour Of God When faced with the powers of ...
- Be The Best You Can Be Don't listen to those who say you ...
- Love Rises Love rises like a phoenix from the ashes of ...
- Why? Why is it that the majority of people who read my writes...
- The Sun Is Shining Bright Toda... The sun is shining bright ...
- From Boy To Man I watched you sleeping just last night The ...
57 year old man from Scotland, father of 5 and grandad to Chloe Emma.
I have lived a varied and interesting life to date... followed a number of various career paths over the last few decades.
Now retired due to injury.
Started writing at the age of 50 after going through a personal crisis... discovered I had an aptitude for writing in rhyme.
If you find something of value to you as you read my writes... then I will be gratified that I have been of some small service. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Tenement buildings falling to bits
Victims of precision hits
Sirens wailing, people running
Smoke and darkness, engines gunning
Antiaircraft guns are blazing
Towards the sky the bullets strafing
A distant rumble just like thunder
Another street is torn asunder
Bodies lying on the road
Families left with no abode
Among the rubble pets are lying
Some in shock, others dying
Despite it all a sense of calm
People sing a well known psalm
Thanking God for their...