Darryn John Murphy
Darryn John Murphy Poems
- Like Gentle Rain Long have I waited beside still waters ...
- Faded Words Among The Footprin... Mystic beneath the moonlight...
- The Seeds Of Change An endless ocean shimmers out beyond the ...
- Unprepared Linguistically I was unprepared I couldn’t find ...
- Beside The Mission Bells Fire this poison arrow into thy ...
- Thoughts & Emotions I have loved and been hurt by love I ...
- Misery Be Mercy me and misery be Mortal thoughts betray me ...
As a young boy, Darryn was published by the Australians Women’s Weekly. Since then he has gone on to win dozens of accolades and awards for his writing. Well known throughout Europe and the United States, his poetry has been published in a wide variety of publications, including audio. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Darryn John Murphy
Like Gentle Rain
Long have I waited beside still waters
Withered by the years, the silent tears
Fall like gentle raindrops amid the summer sun
Hollowed how am I humbled
Weathered by storm
No Meade to mend
No bow to bend
On barren soil I stand barefoot
How small am I beneath the sky
Sometimes I think, but to wonder why
My withered hand before my eyes
My tired limbs and withered bones
No place to rest to call my own
For long are the days and cold are the nights
Beneath the seed of these city lights
Like gentle rain, a simple man ...