David Kowalczyk Poems
- As If I Am Your Dream Here, in the warm white fog, our ...
- Ars Poetica Haiku
- April Fools Spring. A great yellow stain. Forsythias burst ...
- A Time For Roses Touching them, you sense that beauty within...
- Between Earth And Sky Across tombstones ancient, cobwebbed,...
- Beasts In Shades Of Gray As a boy growing up on a poultry ...
- Bumper Stickers 1. Life Is The Path 2. He Who Hunts Two ...
David Kowalczyk lives and writes in Batavia, New York. He has taught English in Changwon, South Korea, and Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, as well as at several colleges in the United States, including Arizona State. His work has appeared in five anthologies and over fifty magazines, including California Quarterly, Bogg, Maryland Review, and St. Ann's Review. He was founding editor of Gentle ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
As If I Am Your Dream
Here, in the warm white fog,
our smiles contain miracles,
miracles only an ancient love
could ever manifest.
My blood turns to wine.
The edges of shadow harden.
Time fills with tears.
Let us surrender
the sky we stole
from the gods.