David Ration Lekoba
David Ration Lekoba Poems
- Son Of Africa Listen Africa listen! Listen to the words of ...
- I Can’t Let Go Dreaming back through life, Your time-and ...
- If I Were You If I were you I would be prouder than death To...
- When Choice Is None For what is choice When choice is none? ...
- Bubble Gum Now that you are here Now that I have seen ...
- Ian Khama Kgadiapetsa wena moganganyane wa ga mma ...
- Pain-Ted Woman Is my name so obvious? Is my name so written...
My name is David Ration Lekoba. I was born in Francistown, Botswana. I grew up under two cultures; a Ndebele culture and a Tswana culture.
As a toddler i was brought up by a Zimbabwean family that taught me all the norms and values that have shaped me to be the man i am today. Mr. and Mrs. Mnkandla are from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and have four more children over and above me. I grew up as their youngest child.
I am qualified in a number of fields and graduated from the university of Botswana with a Bachelors’ degree in Arts where I developed the love for literature. I am not only qualified and experienced in HR (Human Resources) but I am also a qualified teacher and have... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David Ration Lekoba
Son Of Africa
Listen Africa listen!
Listen to the words of a stallion
Listen as I speak of a giant,
An African giant
A giant entangled by his own hand made snares
Yes! Indodana ya se Africa
Un-wax your ears and Listen
Great warrior of the chimurenga,
Phela you stood against white powers
And liberated black wishes
Against the Blairs and Bushes you stood.
Courageous, you battled the spite of the Smith.
Now listen Ndodana ya se Africa
Hear this young stallion galloping towards the truth.
In Limbo you stand snared by your own snares
In Limbo, you warrior ...