David Zvekic Poems
- Ode To Words I Didn'T Write I drifted off throughout that ...
- Love's Logic [couplet Sonnet] The more ways I find to express...
- As Wings On Wind I dared to know a forbidden mind, ...
- The Lazy Poor Poet [limerick] There once was a lazy poor ...
- All Things Lost Of all words ever said before, Of all the ...
- The Dream I Dared Not Dream I've lost the joy that used to ...
- Font Color='#880000'What Is Th...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Ode To Words I Didn'T Write
I drifted off throughout that night,
My breath held deep in thrall to art
With words I felt but didn't write -
They fled my pen; I couldn't start.
Although I knew what words devised,
In writing what would never be,
As ink did dry, the words revised,
My words! They had forsaken me!
In muted silence did I oath,
(For grammar too eluded me) ,
And wrote some sentence without mouth,
Expressing drivel where dreams should be.
In writing down did words appear,
And basest letters did transcribe -
My soul said more than air could hear;