Ode To Words I Didn'T Write - Poem by David Zvekic
I drifted off throughout that night,
My breath held deep in thrall to art
With words I felt but didn't write -
They fled my pen; I couldn't start.
Although I knew what words devised,
In writing what would never be,
As ink did dry, the words revised,
My words! They had forsaken me!
In muted silence did I oath,
(For grammar too eluded me) ,
And wrote some sentence without mouth,
Expressing drivel where dreams should be.
In writing down did words appear,
And basest letters did transcribe -
My soul said more than air could hear;
My words, alas, could dirt describe.
Comments about Ode To Words I Didn'T Write by David Zvekic
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl