DEDAN ONYANGO Poems
- Thirst Dawn is breaking, Soon the malicious sun will greet ...
- Trials Trials In Our lives are plenty. We get ...
- Illicit Water Water is life Our thirst we ...
- Freshers The era of academic uniformity came to an end ...
- Threnody To Fellow Comrades My eyes are full of tears Tears ...
- It Is About Time Africa Africa a continent of beauty and ...
- Poverty Grave I saw him stagger across the road His bears ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''The good God that you worship is not a God of embarrassment but empowerment.''Empowerment
''Do not take drugs, because one day they may just take you in return.''Drug abuse
I saw him stagger across the road
His bears had turned gray,
His back had bended forward,
To give a lucky guess of years
Which one would place it at 80.
Age seemed to have the better of him.
But hey! I know the man,
Age has just robbed him of life,
Ooh! The poor lad,
He dug his own poverty grave!
He thought he knew how to handle life
He thought happiness was planted in alcohol
Where he could reach for greatness,
So together with his friends
They began sneaking out of school,
For them education was not the key,
But a waste of ...