Diipo Fagbolu Poems
- A Poet I used to dream of butterflies Of dancing slowly with...
- Be I am the sea I belong to the west I am the wind I ...
- My Morning Refused To Start This morning everything ...
- One Wish One wish Just before we end this voyage of twelve ...
- Gathered Dreams They ask me why I listen to music of the ...
- Eat An Elephant, I Will If I do not die tonight I shall be ...
- I Made A Rose Far away from home I took a stance on stone A...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I used to dream of butterflies
Of dancing slowly with raindrops
And walking in the moonlight
I used to believe in mermaids
In the fairy tales grandma told
I used to fear "Ojuju Kalabari"
Used to find mirth in little nuances
In the rhythm of passing clouds
And the croak of frogs in backyard
I used to see without lenticular help
I used to chase lizards with rocks
I used to fly kites and pick flowers
I used to versify those dreams
Of smiles and the illumination of
Sunsets and morn' brightness
I used to daydream about ...