2007-2008 - Poem by Dwayne Bailey
Looking back on 2007,
as the final seconds are ticking away;
I realize how lucky I am to be alive,
and how blessed in heart I feel today.
This last years been hard on me,
primarily the bad choices I'd made;
However there had been heath issues;
that added much to my dismay.
But 2008 is upon us,
theres no need to dwell on the past.
Things we cannot change;
But the future is in our grasp.
Tomorrow is a new day,
and the start of a new year;
Lets leave the past behind us,
lets put away all our fears.
Let us embrace the new year,
lets start 2008 off right.
always remembering whats truely important;
and keeping that in our sight.
Comments about 2007-2008 by Dwayne Bailey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda