As I Step Back - Poem by Dwayne Bailey
As I step back and evaluate my life, i notice things that once were hid;
I notice the mean nasty things I'd said, the ugliness of things I did.
I notice that when I was mad at my God, my heart became bitter and cold;
As I step back and look at my life, I watch hardships as they unfold.
Hardships because I chose not to share, the burdons that clung to my back;
Pain and heartache for I chose to blame, God for these visious attacks.
As I step back and look once again, through the eyes of an open heart;
I see that it was all just me, not letting God in my life take part.
Comments about As I Step Back by Dwayne Bailey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl