Edward Hester Poems
- Winning And Losing There are many who, like me or you ...
- Fences A good horse and some open prairie Can free the mind ...
- Willow Breathlessly, she watched me approach; Slowing, I ...
- The Gift Dawn of my Heart When first we met,
- Little Ship My little ship is stout and strong. She stands ...
- Wilow's Song Midnight on the Land Where the ancestors ...
- Nobody Knows Us Nobody knows our names We were you, but you ...
Son of a Russian White Army Colonel and daughter of a Greek Shipping Heiress, tried for treason in 1945 by Lebenon but got off cause I wasn't Lebanese. I was however convicted for illegal entry on a conterfeit passport and spent the next 16 months in a middle eastern prison. Escaped with the aid of CIA to Brazil, but had contracted scurvy and lost my finger to a scorpion bite. Lost my feet to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Edward Hester
Winning And Losing
There are many who, like me or you
Seek gain without a loss
We work and work, by hook or crook
To win and be the boss.
To win alone, we've all been shown,
Is only an illusion.
The balance holds, that truth unfolds.
This law you can rely on.
Advance. Retreat. By love, complete.
We seek illumination.
Our loss offset by love's duet
The 'Law of Compensation'.
By Him alone, the Work gets done
For all, both less and greater.
He comes to Earth in human form
To be Here Now in Matter.
The World you see’s 'dualities'-
Defines our point...