Gemma Southworth Poems
- Fallen Dreams Searing flames and cruel black smoke Stings ...
- Spirit Of Christmas Mulled Wine brewing, Chestnuts ...
- Reincarnation Of Self I’m always told that you only live ...
- Thank You I wish a happy mother's day To a Nan who’s ...
- Always With You I am with you now because of how you felt I ...
- Always Waiting Shattered, broken, missing parts Battered, ...
I began to write poetry when I was fifteen, as a way of getting my feelings into the open, and straight in my head. I was diagnosed with depression at around that time, and poetry helped me to work through all the different emotions that I was feeling.
Most of my earlier poetry is quite dark due to the process of working through the depression, though as I have got older and have come ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gemma Southworth
Always With You
I am with you now because of how you felt
I won’t say a word and I know you won’t tell
I’m here for you always if you need an embrace
Can you feel my hands gently holding your face?
I am in your heart and head now and always
I am here for you if you need me in your darkest of days
I know now and then, You will forget me for a while
When the days are bright and long and the sun still shines
I am with you forever just cast your thoughts
Carry out the special act, but don’t get caught
Doesn’t that feel better, its almost like a dream
The way the pain ...