Gerard Woods Poems
- The Somme Over the hill There the bullets where flying ...
- Working Lady She took my money with a smile I said how long ...
- Lincolns Death President Lincoln Lies with a bullet In his...
- Mother She laughed and cried, In truth and lies. She born...
- Child Hood Days The factory chimbley's Which spout there ...
- Flowering Tree Under a summers flowering tree Sat her, him, ...
- Vietnam In Vietnam where uncle Sam chose to fight, And his ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gerard Woods
Over the hill
There the bullets where flying
Over the hill, men were dying
Forward towards the enemy trenches and
Rifle and machine gun fire
Men where falling
But not one man would retire
Forward to the guns
Over the wire, men where crawling
Hundreds falling under and over the wire
Towards the guns and the machine gun fire
But no man would retire
Except by enemy rifle and machine gun fire
Little ground had been taken
But at no time where the ranks breaking
Towards the enemy trenches
And the rifle and machine gun fire ...