Hans Ostrom Poems
- Langston Hughes In a wilderness of reasons not to write, he ...
- How To Write A Poem: A Poem First, clear the area of ...
- Langston Hughes And Barack Oba... Let's lay down some lines ...
- For Librarians Imagine you can consider all ideas And images...
- How To Be A Cat Be the noble curator of your excellence, ...
- And Now, Whether Today’s whether report calls for increasing...
- A Hod-Carrier Reflects Stone walls get the last word. This ...
[Please see the Youtube channel langstonify for recorded poems by others and a few by me.} -Born and raised in a small town in the High Sierra of California-father a carpenter and stone mason, mother a substitute teacher. -Attended schools there and went to high school in the Central Valley. -Went to Sierra Community College for two years. -Earned a B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. in English from U.C. Davis, studying there with Karl Shapiro. -Now and English professor in the Pacific Northwest. -Co-wrote and/or co-edited several books with the late Wendy Bishop. Member of the PEN/American Center. Peace be with you. Blog: http: //poetsmusings-muser.blogspot.com/ more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Hans Ostrom
In a wilderness of reasons
not to write, he wrote. Just wrote.
Each word was the belief
in the possibility of the next.
He kept it going.
Mostly his days and words talk
quietly, though he could rant and rage.
Mention is what his voices usually do
in a world of self-convinced noise.
Truth mentioned is a sweet brass
note you’ll never forget. Writing,
Langston showed writing to be
an unashamed act, one of the few
in a shameful, shaming world. Words
grin. Words reside. Words throw
a meal together for unexpected friends,
make a garden...