I write because I have to
I write because I have to Poems
- Backstabbers: Poetic Vengeance Apparent to none. Transparent ...
- The Tortured Angel In the darkness damp and wet form tears ...
- A Random Mess Of Randomness Pounding away my problems is ...
- 'Hurt Me' She said hurt me and it hurt me but I did it ...
- Acceleration I'm not sure where to begin but I'm pretty sure...
- Fear ...glazing over my life like sheets of ice melting me ...
- February The cherry reflection of her smeared lipstick on the...
Sylvia Plath said, 'We stayed at home to write, to consolidate our outstretched selves.' I write for the opposite reason. Every moment I spend in my mind, summoning words is a moment spent stretching. Sometimes it's a physical stretch. Sometimes it's a mental stretch. When I write, it's me untying the knot. It's me releasing the tension.
Some of what I write are just the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about I write because I have to
Backstabbers: Poetic Vengeance
Apparent to none. Transparent to some.
Thin like the skin of those who pose as friends to begin
but end like chameleons
when they sway in the wind
changing colors within.
Under the guise of true lies they pull wool over your eyes
and its never really clear how near
or far they plan to stand
there hand in hand
and walk and hear you talk
all to stalk and strike with spite when the time is right.
Claiming alliance and feigning compliance
snaring at you while wearing costumes,
dressed to impress with intent to consume.
Leading you down the path of ...