Jack Ashenden Poems
- Blinding Tears Responsibility, a heavy load ways me down, ...
- Guilt Poem Guilt, a passion of the prideful soul Does act as...
- A Twisted, Fractured Flight Fo... From high, the common...
- A Reformed World Silent she is, silent do I find her. Sweet ...
- The Perverse Oh true misfortune! I know thee too well- All I...
- Immortal? Though time may decay your youthful features, and...
- Phantom's Father My heart is a phantom of its former self, ...
A tortured Love and a Fractured Mind
bringing dark memories, present truth, alive
and while you, and others, a meaning may find
something beyond understanding will survive
What you read is not of me, but of another -
that part of our soul we'd rather forget -
but that all attempts cannot smother,
nor leave us without deep affect
I'll leave you now to consider all that I've thought
and perhaps something worthwhile I will have taught… more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jack Ashenden
Responsibility, a heavy load
ways me down, and makes me feel the pressure
action, words - politics all a code
and people's actions, all I must measure
the things I have seen fill me with wonder
those I have met, quite often a pleasure
but below the surface, throwing all asunder
corruption can be found, justice weaker than a feather
so much I have heard in my very few years
I view all with cynical suspicion.
more than once I've had to wipe away tears.
To see the world's goodness, I haven't permission
Yet I must remember I'm only seventeen