Jacqueline Dorantes Poems
- A Wetback's Pride I am, Hated on and looked down upon ...
- Bubble Bath This poem is dedicated to Alejandro Dorantes ...
- The Girl In The Mirror I saw an image in the mirror, Of a ...
- The Struggle Pressing the breast plate against my chest, ...
- Barbie- Who You Forgot I wanted to be Barbie, I wanted that...
- 'Survivor' I walk amongst the crowd, Blending in, but ...
- Silent Wonder Is there someone out there for me? I wonder ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jacqueline Dorantes
A Wetback's Pride
Hated on and looked down upon because of my race
Discriminated because of the latin resemblance on my face.
Stereotyped by those around me
Assumed retarded because of my disability.
Made fun of because I lack money
But I am,
Wealthier in experience then those around me.
The ones who cruise through life
But I am,
The one who struggles to survive.
The one who watches her family struggle,
Because only one person works full time in my household
And you would think that it's enough,...