James Papastamos Poems
- Coffee And Tea A cup of coffee for us all this morning sun ...
- It Rained On Me It rained on me one lonely eve the skies ...
- Where The Winds Hath Blown A rose, a single rose, slowly ...
- Broadway Ah! The power of dreams! ! New York ...
- In Just A Moment The darkness of such distant nights now ...
- Sacrifice I am God's sacrificial lamb Burning embers ...
- By Love Of God These eyes have seen a day of night my ears ...
Where there is tragedy there is art. Lyric poetry is tragic, intense, and an emotional powerhouse. This is what I wrote after undergoing four brain operations in 1990,1991, to remove a brain tumor at the base of my skull. I wrote when I was sad, and when I was angry. Now, I am battling cancer. I intend to win. I want to live. I put my trust in God, and this cancer has strengthened my relationship ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Coffee And Tea
A cup of coffee for us all
this morning sun to brew its taste
We wave our hats, salute its wind
the steam now rising, we fan its haste
We cup our hands, attract its warmth
its putrid scent collects what not
As lay men dance their chosen trade
and women of mercy gather in thought
My seat is empty, the tables have turned
the glass divides yet bares no hate
As many are blessed who fill its chapel
but I, alone, shall drink its fate