James Walter Orr
James Walter Orr Poems
- Right Love, Wrong Time You come to me because you say you ...
- Weasel Infestation The weasels run, a mighty herd Of ...
- The Seamstress Her gray head bows, and in the lamps dim glow,...
- See You Soon There’s slightly over half a moon that shines on...
- Shadows Of Separation SHADOWS OF SEPARATION I call to you ...
- Can I Reach You? When I'm crushed between the debris of the...
- Love's Disciple In ages past, when the evening star shone ...
A Biography of James Orr for “Third Book from the Sun”
James Walter Orr was born in Amarillo, Texas, in 1930, in the fabled dust bowl days. He grew up on a farm and ranch. He has also written under the pen-name of Easy Seeker and ezseeker. He has been a husband and hobo, laborer and engineer, cowboy and truck driver, rancher and roustabout, hod-carrier and concrete finisher, rod-wrencher and pulling unit operator, and everything that has touched any of the above. He has hooked up many a separator, heater-treater and flow line manifold.
He has been a collar-pecker on a screw pipeline, pulled skids on a big-inch line, cut paraffin, handled a pipe jack, used a lazy ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Right Love, Wrong Time
You come to me because you say you need me.
I come because I cannot stay away.
You weep with me because our love was thwarted.
I weep with you because you cannot stay.
You say with me you can escape reality.
For me what's real is I die more each day.
Our thoughts are deep and life has so much meaning:
A life of pain that grows more so each day.
Sometimes we laugh because it seems so crazy.
Sometimes we cry because we know it's true.
The time was right, the place was wrong, but darling,
There'll never be another, only you.
Our dreams of love ...